What is SALT?
Student Athlete Leadership Training
Purpose of SALT
The purpose of the FCA internship is to provide an opportunity for college students (must be at least 1 year out of college) to work with high school and middle school students through the ministry of FCA and to provide a training ground for students who desire to explore the possibility of full-time ministry.
This is primarily a summer program; however, this program can be adapted for students to participate in throughout the school year in order to experience "school-year" ministry.
· 8 - 10 week full-time internship
· $2,000 salary for the summer ($1,000 June 30and $1,000 July 31)
· Attend 3 - 4 FCA camps (power, leadership, or team camps)
· 20 - 30 hours weekly, non-camp weeks (may include weekends)
· Home Team - Each intern is responsible for raising their support by developing a Home Team. This involves sending out an initialletterto raise their support at the beginning of April, thank you notes to each donor and a follow-up to all Home Team members at the end of the summer/internship.
SALT Application Deadline
All applications must be received by March 31. Applications will be sent upon request. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for SALT application. Interns should complete the Ministry Leader Application (MLA) which will give permission for a background check.
March 31: Application Deadlines. Email email@example.com to request application.
April 15- April 30: Phone Interviews
May: HOME TEAM FUNDING
May 31: FIRST DAY OF INTERNSHIP
QUESTIONS CONTACT GLORIA SOLIS CENTRAL FLORIDA FCA INTERN COORDINATOR- GSOLIS@FCA.ORG